Storefront Child Theme
If you use Storefront Theme and want to make edits to this theme, you need to install Child Theme. Because the Storefront Theme updates from time to time. If you edit the main files of the Storefront Theme, all changes you made will be reset after the update. So you need to install Chilt Theme.
- Download the child theme from it’s GitHub Repository Download StoreFront Blank Child Theme.
- Goto WordPress > Appearance > Themes > Add New.
- Click Upload Theme and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
This child theme is designed to be used as a starter theme for the WooCommerce StoreFront theme which you can download for free below.
- Download WooCommerce StoreFront Theme
- StoreFront Documentation
- StoreFront Child Themes
- StoreFront Extensions
Custom PHP that you write should be added to the child themes functions.php file whilst any custom CSS should be added to the child themes style.css file.
There is also a style.scss file within the /assets/sass/ folder that can be used if you wish to write SASS – Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets based styles which can then be compiled into the style.css file using an app like CodeKit for OSX or PrePros for Windows.
The blank child theme itself has no functionality and if you would like to learn more about child themes for WordPress see this documentation below.
One comment on “How do I create a storefront child theme?”